This is a key divisional administrative position which in conjunction with team physicians, is responsible for day to day financial and clinical operations, provides direction and oversees all divisional staff through appropriate job related accountability measures, and relates to intra-divisional Practice Managers as well as external customers. This position collaborates with the Chief Operating Officer to assure that the designated practice operates in accordance with UroPartners Vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the oversight and review of Accounts Receivable (AR) & Accounts Payable (AP).
- Ensures proper reports are submitted to accountants for Physician disbursement.
- Performs basic banking to include cash deposits and maintaining an adequate working cash flow (Petty Cash).
- Maintain adequate working cash flow, assuring direct expense items are paid in an accurate and time fashion.
- Meet physician needs while complying within budgetary restraints.
- Plan and organize supplies needed on a daily/weekly/monthly and annual basis.Clinical
- Coordinates nursing function. This includes but is not limited to scheduling meetings and communicating with all staff and physicians regarding procedures/process to ensure consistency in the nursing function from site to site. Ensuring clinic is OSHA and HIPAA compliant.
- Prepares schedules for nurses to ensure adequate coverage.
- Maintains nursing protocol book and assesses new equipment and processes.
- Coordinates with physicians in the day to day performance duties of office/ nursing staff. This includes but is not limited to assisting with patient care, prepping exam rooms, phone duties and patient education.
- Responsible for nursing supplies and annual budgeting for those supplies.
- To the extent necessary, performs Human Resources duties including hiring, termination, performance evaluations, time and attendance, payroll, maintaining job descriptions, annual salary survey, maintaining employees schedules, PTO accrual, vacation coverage, physician recruitment.
- Plans and coordinates with Physicians in the day to day duties of all assisting nurses and staff pertaining to patient care, including the scheduling of staff and exam rooms.
- Oversee and maintain administrative paperwork to ensure compliance with State & federal laws, company policy and procedures and new equipment processes.
The position reports directly to the office lead physician and has supervisory functions.
- Required: Graduated Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from an accredited 2 year college, or 1 year related experience combined with education. Bachelor s is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years experience, in a medical industry office setting, preferred.
- General knowledge and understanding of medical terminology as it relates to the urological field, preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
- Current CPR card preferred.
Company DescriptionUroPartners is a privately held, premier healthcare group covering over 600 miles of the Chicagoland area. UroPartners is the second largest urology group practice in the country with more than 60 physicians, and nearly 400 employees. Our physicians offer outstanding urological care at over 30 Chicagoland offices, 35 hospitals, two radiation prostate treatment centers, and a pathology lab. Our hospital affiliations include but are not limited to: Advocate Health Care, AMITA, North Shore University Health System, Northwestern Medicine, Presence Health, and Rush Health System. Our focus is to provide world-class Urological care and the best experience for our patients.