As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life's ever-changing landscape. As we continue to grow, we are seeking:
Manager, Medical Services Practice
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)
Directs the Medical Services Department practice operations and provides leadership to medical services staff for all Chapters Health System affiliates for practice operations while maintaining the highest levels of patient, physician, employee and other customer relations. Direct aspects of the Medical Staff Compensation Administration Program process and is accountable to communicate and implement corporate policy and strategic initiatives to meet the program goals and objectives. Responsible for operational aspects of Medical Services strategic planning and project management for strategic initiatives.
- Oversees and maintains all medical services practice operations. Set department standards regarding medical staff employment, practice operations, and financial performance.
- Oversees the functionality and integrity of the medical services information system(s), whether an in-house system or on contract with a vendor. Work with information technology personnel to ensure timely and accurate administration of work processes within the system, including routine and customized reporting.
- Manages the front office functions as appropriate for the hospice affiliate medical staff.
- Develops and directs operations between medical services and other departments as it relates to medical services performance.
- Develops and implement strategic plans for Medical Services Affiliates.
- Provide financial oversight of department revenue and expenses and budgetary standard setting for Medical Services Departments.
- Directs the compensation development, implementation, and review process for all physician and advanced practice clinician compensation arrangements, including review of pay models, support documentation, revising and updating agreements.
- Manages department budget and ensures expense are in line with expectations.
- Direct and maintain Medical Staff centralized scheduling system for Affiliates.
- Assess financial statements for objectives attainment tracking and revise plans based on outcomes.
- Participate in information technology, regulatory change implementation and process design changes that have an impact on medical staff operations.
- Oversees contracting and review process for medical service providers (employed or contracted), works directly with Legal Department for contract development and execution.
- Directs Medical Staff recruitment for the hiring of prospective new Medical Staff.
- Directs the credentialing process, hospital privileging, and payer enrollment for existing and new medical staff for all Company affiliates.
- Directs and maintains contract medical staff physician stipends and billing for patient visits.
- Develops and implements departmental policy and procedures and practice guidelines.
- Implements performance improvement projects as needed for Company affiliates.
- Assures compliance with Joint Commission and other appropriate regulatory agencies that set Medical Practice Standards.
- Spokesperson for the Medical Services department for outreach to community agencies, community partners, and insurers.
- Maintains knowledge of all insurance, government, HIPAA, health care reimbursement, general billing practices and state regulations/laws to ensure the company is following the appropriate guidelines/regulations and remains in compliance with these.
- Plans, schedules, and carries out special projects as directed by Chief Medical Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s in business or health administration, or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in Practice Operations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Knowledge and experience managing or implementing various types of physician compensation plans, compensation theories, and best practices.
- Thoroughly understand and utilize the Practice Management System (PMS) reporting and operating capabilities.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting/Dashboard solutions.Demonstrates ability to explain complex financial issues to non-financial staff and leadership.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and time management skills required.
- Self-directed work style with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to make independent decisions and solve complex problems effectively.
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to adapt to changes in healthcare delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact with staff, physicians, and the general public.
- Valid driver's license and car insurance.
Chapters Health System brings a great deal to the benefit “table.” Whether you join our organization in a clinical, administrative or corporate role, the Chapters Health comprehensive benefits package allows you to customize your plan to meet your needs. Our team members receive a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package. You’ll find our comprehensive benefits package truly rewarding, with the following:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision plan
- Flexible spending account
- Retirement plan
- Life Insurance and accidental death or dismemberment
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Voluntary personal accident insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pre-paid legal plan
- Paid time off
Discover how rewarding a career in non-profit healthcare can be. When you become a member of the Chapters Health team, you’ll realized that it’s more than a job. It’s a mission. Come be part of something special and make a positive difference in the lives of patients and families every day.
Careers with Chapters Health really are filled with satisfying challenges and countless rewards. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace.