Coding Specialists: I & IV - HIM
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Forbes Magazine has announced New Hanover Regional Medical Center is one of America’s Best Employers of 2018. Our organization is the region’s largest healthcare provider, employing over 7,000 people who have a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of others. This is the ideal place for you to further your career.
The Coding Specialist is responsible for accurate coding of all ancillary and clinic visit diagnosis, procedures, and charges working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record of the patient.
· High school diploma required.
· Advanced medical terminology, clinical medical concepts, and human anatomy and physiology required. Education may be through formal programs of study or through sequenced in-service training.
· Must possess equivalent training or experience in ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and CPT coding classifications, advanced medical and anatomical terminology, clinical medicine theory, and reimbursement principles.
· CPC, CCA, CCS, RHIT, or RHIA certification preferred.
· At least one year coding/abstracting required, coding experience in an acute care setting, as well as experience with encoding software and electronic medical records preferred.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
· Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
· Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 7,000 employees
Leading Our Community to Outstanding Health
Join Our Talented Team Today!
Direct apply: https://goo.gl/rLciSG
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity