Coding Specialists - HIM
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
$5,000 Transition Bonus Available for Coding Specialist IV positions*
The Coding Specialist is responsible for accurate coding of all assigned record types including diagnosis and procedures, working from the appropriate documentation in the medical record of the patient.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performs ongoing medical record reviews to assess completeness and timeliness of information
- Responsible for calculating and posting charges for facility levels, injections and infusions, and procedures for designated service areas
- Works with physicians and professional staff to obtain any necessary clarification concerning diagnosis and procedures, and is responsible for monitoring certain reports such as the daily charges and the Discharges Not Final Billed (DNFB) lists.
- High school diploma required. B.S or AA degree in Health Information Management preferred.
- Advanced medical terminology, clinical medical concepts, and human anatomy and physiology required.
- 1 year coding/abstracting required for Coding Specialist I (Clinic and Ancillary coding), and at least 3-5 years’ experience for Coding Specialist IV (Inpatient coding) positions.
- Must possess equivalent training or experience in ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT coding classifications, and reimbursement principles.
- AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), RHIA, or RHIT, preferred.
- Coding experience in an acute care setting, as well as experience with encoding software and electronic medical records preferred.
- Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
- Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,000 employees
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle plus these incentives:
v Career Advancement Opportunities
v Quarterly Incentive Program
v Annual CCS Certification Bonus
v And Much More!
Join Our Talented Team Today! Apply:
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity